HERITAGE DAY POTJIE CHALLENGE @
National Braai Day and Heritage Day are on Monday 24th September and
We have awesome restaurants at
Potjiekos (Pronounced poy-kee- kawse) directly translated “pot food” or food prepared in a pot. In South African this means one thing – food prepared outdoors in a cast iron,round, three legged pot over an open fire (wood coals or charcoal). Preparing a potjiekos meal is very much an individual thing and aspiring cooks have experimented for years to come up with the “perfect” potjie.
Now is your chance to make the perfect potjie and beat our
Bring friends and family to join the fun.
Visitors can choose which potjie you would like to sample (and maybe influence the judges).
Proceeds from the sales will go to our local Rugby Club: Masiphumelele
We encourage lots of Proudly South African Dress up!
NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION FOR CONTESTANT ENTRIES:
· No entry fee
· No limit on number of people in a team
· Contestants must be completely self sufficient and bring their own pots, own cooking utensils and own ingredients for their potjie.
· No electrical points available.
· Each Potjie should be Size 4 or up.
· Fires will be provided by
· Dress up in your proudly South African team gear
· Potjies need to be ready for eating and judging at 15h00
· Rice will be provided, containers and utensils for eating will be provided.
· Final judging at 16h30 followed by prize-giving.
· Applications to enter. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and motivation! Entries are limited.
We look forward to welcoming the entrants, tasting the potjiekos recipes and celebrating 2 proudly South African Days in 1 – Heritage Day and Braai Day. Bring on the perfect potjie!
For more information:
Tel: 021 789 1317
Email: or email@example.com